Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Liebster Blog Award
Heather's Book Chatter was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Blog Award! This award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules to receive the award:
1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you tagged.
3. Choose 11 people and mention them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Part 1: 11 Random Facts
1. My favorite movie is White Christmas. I know it word-for-word and every lyric to every song.
2. I just turned 35.
3. I have given birth to 5 children - 4 boys and 1 girl.
4. It's very difficult for me to let it go when someone uses the wrong word in text or e-mail.
5. I do yoga. My favorite is Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown (yes, it's brutal).
6. I'm probably the most understanding person on the planet and am not fond of those that judge others.
7. I'm a bit of a coffee snob. I grew up in Louisiana drinking only Community coffee. That's all I like.
8. I am an amazing illustrator.
9. I remember learning to read when I was four.
10. I have an almost photographic memory.
11. I have 4 sisters and 3 brothers. I am the youngest.
Part 2: Answer 11 Questions
1. City or country?
Both. I live in the city now and love it but lived in the country (WAY in the country) for a long time and loved that, too!
2. What's your favorite part about blogging?
Putting my words, thoughts, and advice out there and having people read it and gain knowledge. I'm a hard advocate of learning.
3. What's your dream vacation spot?
Stratfordshire. If you don't know why, google it :)
4. What writer do you admire the most?
Oh my... Jane Austen? I read her book Pride and Prejudice at least once a year.
5. What's your favorite book of all-time?
The Chronicles of Narnia - all of them.
6. What's your favorite social networking site?
Twitter. I love the brevity of it.
7. How many books do you read on average per month?
2-3, depending on the length.
8. What book genre do you avoid the most?
I don't avoid much of anything, really. I read the back of shampoo bottles...
9. What's the last movie you watched?
Lockout. It was really good.
10. What's your favorite snack to have on hand when writing or reading?
11. What's the best piece of writing advice you ever received?
Treat it like a job, because that's what it is.
Part 3: My 11 Questions
1. Where did you grow up?
2. What is your earliest childhood memory?
3. How many pets have you had throughout your life? Names/Breeds?
4. What stirs your soul?
5. Do you have any other interests/talents beyond blogging?
6. If you could be trapped on a deserted island with any author (past or present) who would it be and why?
7. Are you an advocate for anything? If yes, what?
8. What's the most embarassing thing that's ever happened to you?
9. Why do you blog?
10. Where do you write?
11. How do you find your flow?
My 11 nominees:
The Hungry Freelancer
An Average Woman in a Superwoman World
Ramblin' With AM
Imagine! Create! Write!
throwing up in an IKEA bag
Crystal Lee - Author
Well, that's all for today, folks! Until next time, WRITE ON!